Gilda M. Arroyo is an Associate focusing in the areas of products liability and toxic tort litigation, as well as all aspects of family law including but not limited to divorce, custody and support actions.Prior to joining Burns White, Ms. Arroyo’s practice involved complex civil litigation, partnership disputes, custody disputes and simple divorces.Ms. Arroyo graduated from the University of the District of Columbia David A. Clarke School of Law in 2010. While in law school, she served as a Teaching Assistant at the school and Senior Editor of the UDC Law Review. In addition, Ms. Arroyo participated in the Housing and Consumer Law Clinic and the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic. She received a B.A. in Sociology and Criminal Justice from The George Washington University in 2005.
An active member of the legal community, Ms. Arroyo is currently a member of the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Hispanic Attorneys Committee. She was a Delegate in the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s House of Delegates from 2011-2014. Ms. Arroyo also presented at the PBI 9th Annual Animal Law Conference and authored an article in La Jornada Latina titled “Custodia” addressing child custody in relation to the relocation statute.
Ms. Arroyo is admitted to practice law in Pennsylvania and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Law
- Products liability Litigation
- Toxic Tort Litigation
- Family Law
- University of the District of Columbia (J.D., 2010)
- The George Washington University (B.A., 2005)
Bar and Court Admissions
- United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Hispanic Attorneys Committee
- Volunteer Dog Handler, Therapy Dogs International
- Volunteer, Uptown Legal Clinic — Bethlehem Haven